Catalyst version 1.0.0 installable on 3ds Max 2011 or higher versions and Vray plug-in version 3.6 and higher versions
The catalyst program is a plug-in to speed up the render in 3ds Max. Optimizing the Vray renderer settings this plug-in is able to speed up render 5 to 10 times. This plug- in can be used particularly in test renders. As we know, we need repeatedly test render to change the lighting and materials, etc to get an image output in 3ds Max environment, so that a professional output is obtained. This software helps you to get high-speed rendering and get the desired result in less time. Despite the simplicity of the software, it has professional render settings for vray renderer that professional people can easily save favorite settings and use default settings.
Among the characteristics of this software are as follows:
– Increasing render speed of Vray renderer.
– It can be installed on 3ds Max program version 2014 and higher versions.
– It can be used in Vray renderer engine version 3.6 and higher versions.
– It has adjustability feature and modifies all settings of catalyst feature.
– The possibility of automatically removing all materials having RayTrace within materials and Multi-material.
– It has Show Last button to display the last taken render in the VRay frame buffer.
– Automatic switch on the VRay frame buffer.
– The possibility of turning on and off VrayFur or Hair & Fur modifier in all objects in the scene.
– The possibility of hiding objects behind the scene to reduce used memory space (RAM) (especially on external scenes).
– Modifying VRay render setting to user default settings when user saves the file or when file is saved automatically by 3ds Max.
– Auto close of program when new file is opened or when new settings of render are loaded to prevent user error.
– The possibility of using it in animation renders.
– Easy to use.
Main dialogue of program
Render settings :
This section that is shown with a slider (from 0 to 100) represents the quality of render settings. The number 100 is defined as the user setting and the value 0 is defined as the weakest situation. Slider or buttons that are displayed by numbers can be used to reduce and increase settings.
1 – Closing the settings dialog automatically it is returned back 100 that is the user setting.
2 –Autosave or Save by user, the setting becomes 100 and when completely was saved, it returns back to the previous number.
3 – Opening the new file, the dialog is automatically closed (slider is returned back number 100).
All these events happen in order to prevent user error and use easier the software.
This button activates Frame buffer of Vray program and then starts rendering. It is not necessary to use this button for Catalyst application. Using 3ds Max program buttons or shortcuts, catalyst program has its own performance.
Button to display the latest render (Show VFB):
This button displays the last picture taken in Vray frame buffer.
It changes ‘Image Sampler Type’ to ‘progressive’ and ‘Primary Engine’ to ‘Brute Force’.You can check this button when you want to use RT.
Clear hair & fur button:
By clicking this button all VrayFurs or Hair & Fur modifiers turn off (or turn on). This button is very useful when using objects like dolls.
Hide Camera back button:
Clicking this button, objects behind the scenes will be hidden (there is no need for camera in display screen). Sometimes it happens that clicking this button, some objects are not Hidden. The program does not implement hiding operation for some objects with certain sizes or parameters and this is because of better function of application; because in some cases, hiding large objects or ceilings can cause changes in lighting.
Note: This button has no effect on populates.
Clear ray Trace button
Clicking this very useful button, all sections having RayTrace are removed from materials. Note that materials having RayTrace often slow render time and in some cases, when they are converted to the Proxy, make disorders in render and close 3ds Max windows.
Presenting the way of changing render time in different percentages of catalyst software
Result = Vray Denoiser render element